For the Province of Bergamo, BBS oversaw the creation of a virtual museum network through the installation and activation of 35 interactive multimedia totems and its multiservice SW platform in many of the province’s Museums.
The project aims to:
- promote knowledge of the museums of the province;
- create landmarks for tourists and visitors as well as information to learn and discover through multimedia, interactive and multilingual, the sights, itineraries, accommodation and events in the province;
- allow users to communicate with the Province and the museums in a direct and immediate way, through online information request forms, guestbooks and newsletters.
Provincia di Bergamo
Period of implementation
Activities and realised solutions
Creating a virtual network of museums in order to promote knowledge of the museums of the province, becoming for tourists and visitors a point of reference and font of information to learn and discover through multimedia, interactive and multilingual, interest places, routes, facilities accommodation and events of the province.
“Digital signage project for the museums of the Province of Bergamo” has as its purpose the promotion of the museums in the province of Bergamo. More specifically, the objective of the project is the creation of a virtual museum network that: promotes knowledge of the museums of the province; becoming for tourists and visitors a point of reference and font of information to learn and discover through multimedia, interactive and multilingual, the sights, itineraries, accommodation and events of the province; allowing users to communicate with the Province and the museums in a direct and immediate way.
BBS manages the maintenance for HW & SW. of the entire circuit for the following years.
The totems were installed in selected provincial museums (33 totems) and within the premises of the Provincial administration. (2 totems).
The museums involved in the project
Bergamo Alta – Accademia Carrara, Bergamo – GAMEC, Bergamo Alta – Museo Archeologico, Bergamo – Museo Diocesano Bernareggi, Caravaggio – Pinacoteca Civica, Luzzana – Museo d’arte contemporanea Donazione Meli, Lovere – Museo Civico di Scienze Naturali, Romano di Lombardia – MACS Museo d’arte e Cultura Sacra, Clusone – MAT Museo arte e Tempo, Cene – Parco Paleontologico, Calcio – Civica Raccolta d’arte contemporanea “Egidio Lazzarini”, Oltre il Colle – Museo dei Minerali e della Miniera, San Giovanni Bianco – Museo Casa Ceresa, Zogno – Museo della Valle, Valtorta – Museo Civico Etnografico Alta Valle Brembana, Camerata Cornello – Museo dei Tasso e della Storia Postale, San Pellegrino Terme – Museo Brembano Di Scienze Naturali, Urgnano loc. Basella – Museo e Villaggio Africano, Verdello – Museo del Territorio “La Fabbrica sul Viale”, Treviglio – Museo Civico “Ernesto e Teresa Della Torre”, Sarnico – Museo Civico Gianni Bellini, Casazza – Museo della Val Cavallina, Brembo di Dalmine – Museo del Presepio, Almenno San Bartolomeo – Museo del Falegname, Gandino – Museo della Basilica sez. tessile e presepi, Alzano Lombardo – Museo San Martino, Leffe – Museo del tessile, Ponte Nossa – Maglio Museo, Vilminore – Percorso museale, Ardesio – Museo etnografico, Schilpario – Museo Etnografico, Bergamo Alta – Orto Botanico, Rovetta – Casa Museo Fantoni, Provincia di Bergamo – Sala Manzù, Provincia di Bergamo – Sala Viterbi.
Below a photograph of one of the totems of the circuit, in this case installed at the Contemporary Art Museum Luzzana.
The totems have the following general technical characteristics: self-supporting structure in lacquered MDF with RAL colors to choose from and custom graphics, integrated microphone and speakers, LCD 32 “touchscreen monitor, integrated PC with software player using Company TV®, internet connectivity LAN / wi-fi / internet key.
All totems provided included preloaded multilingual interactive multimedia programming, which was specially developed both in terms of graphics and content of BBS based on the demands of the client. The product created is designed to offer the user the opportunity to learn about and enhance both the “Museums of the Province of Bergamo” network (institutional offices, contacts, newsletter) and the whole of the province (itineraries, events, hospitailty) as well as each individual museum (collections, opening hours, cultural meetings), thus allowing each museum to publish its differentiated content on the circuit totem.
In total, the media realised includes information on more than 60 museums, more than 400 structures, more than 100 routes and 300 georeferenced places of interest.
For the software operation, every totem supplied was capable of delivering, thanks to the technology developed by Company TV® BBS, the following features, available to users free of charge 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and entirely in Multilingual format:
- on-demand media content (images, videos, texts, maps, etc.) can be recalled via touchscreen
- CLICK TO CALL module, to make direct calls from totems to headquarters of the province and / or museums, accommodation, offices IAT, the main points of interest in the area, commercial establishments (eg. Hotels, restaurants) published within the program.
- BLUETOOTH module, to receive via Bluetooth on a mobile device (smartphone, tablet, etc.) a reminder of the on-screen information, such as timetables, useful numbers, events and exhibitions
- CALCULATE ROUTE module, to set and view through the interactive maps the path necessary to reach any POI published within the program.
- Form WEATHER FORECAST
- VIRTUAL TOUR module, integration with virtual tour of the main places of interest in the province published on the official Italian tourism portal (www.italia.it)
- Form REQUEST CONTACT / FEEDBACK COLLECTION / VIRTUAL GUEST BOOK / NEWSLETTER REGISTRATION, to get in direct contact with the institutions, to express opinions on the service and request the newsletter subscription
- Contact detailed statistics for each individual totem and each page visited , to measure the level of satisfaction of users with respect to the content published
In the back office, the CMS – access to which is an integral part of the supply – allows subsequent updates in total autonomy by the provider of the content published in the media . BBS has also provided the necessary training for the use of CMS.
Here are some screens shots of pages created for the project.